At Wellspring Farm we specialise in arranging unique holidays tailored just for you.
Guided and independent tours can be arranged to:
- Walk or Ride Deer Farm Tour - Get close to Hinds and Fawns, Cross fields by Quad bike, Enjoy forest and riverside walks.
- Traditional Dairy Farm Tour - includes milking time (Herringbone shed) , Calves in Spring (Sept-Early Dec)
- Modern Dairy Farm - includes milking time at Advanced Rotary Shed plus:
Calves in spring (Sept-Early Dec)
- Garden Tours - Tour some of the Grand Country Gardens of the Geraldine district (Oct-March)
- Orchard Tour - Pick and choose your own naturally ripened fruit straight from the trees (Feb-May)
- Early bird song "You have just got to hear it to believe it"
- Cliff crawl - Take a breathtaking look over our spectacular clay cliffs (with safety harness!)
- Limestone wave, caves and mushroom rocks (Esp. Recommended for
- Quad bike safari
- Hire a Quad Bike for a guided 2 hour safari around the farm
and through the forests.
- Horse riding - Learn to ride a horse - No experience necessary.
- A complete one-hour horse trek that includes riding your horse through the river.
Eco Treks (Guided)
Aoraki/Mt Cook Mackenzie (Tour & Trek)
- Day trip
- Visit Mt John Star Observatory, descend the mountain on foot,
- Walk the Hooker Valley to the base of Aoraki Mt Cook (NZ's
- Explore the glacier lake (easy) Trek
Mt Somers (Tour & Trek)
- Day Trip
- Walk over a mountain into woolshed creek
- Explore an underground river cave system
Climb (Little) Mt Peel 1300 mtrs
- Day Trip
- See panoramic views of the Canterbury plains
- Explore the Mt Peel shelter/Bivouac and return
Balancing Rocks Trek
(allow 4 hours)
- See these spectacular rock structures of the Kakahu Valley
- Explore a historic Lime Kiln
Peel Forest tracks
(A range to suit experience and fitness levels)
Natural Wonder Walks, Waterfall Walks, Big Tree Walk, New Zealand Fern Walk
Pioneer Park tracks
(Allow an hour or two)
Waitohi reserve Track
(Allow an hour)
Geraldine river walks
Talbot Forest walks
Riddell's Reserve track (20-30
We have the experience and all the necessary equipment to ensure you
are safe in the hills and mountains
Packs, Thermals, hats, Sleeping bags, raincoats, leggings,
thermal blankets, head lamps, even ice axes.
Please bring suitable footwear, shorts, and your camera!